59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Friday, December 10, 2004

Happy Birthday, Vikram


Today is Vikram Kamdar's birthday.

Anyone who knows Bombay (Mumbai) has heard of Kamdar and their absolutely great furniture lines. Living in Finland, the land of absolutely superb furniture design as Asko and Isku, let me assure you that the furniture I knew from Kamdars could be counted amongst the best in the world!!

When I was a kid, I used to go to see his showroom opposite the Eros theatre and drool over the great furniture lines that were in the store. I used to run home and tell my mom. Sure enough she would go and have a look at what I liked. We had some great Kamdar furniture. But when my parents left Mumbai, we lost the whole lot when the transfer to Bangalore took place in the early 70's.

I tried to send Vikram an eCard from all of us. The first time the website locked and dispatched the card on the 5th. The second time it locked and has scheduled to send it on the 15th. So I changed websites and finally managed to send one which should reach him today (hopefully). I have apologised to Vikram privately, but here is my public apology as well.

More birthday's of 59ers coming up this week, so stay tuned.

No comments: