59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Saturday, January 07, 2006

A small selection from my email INBOX

Some messages from my INBOX - no need to panic....?

From Mysorians 49er / 54er Naval and Armaity (née Mody) Patel:

Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 14:38:08 +0530
From: N J Patel
To: Jacob Matthan
Subject: Good Wishes


Wishing you all

A very Merry Christmas
&
Happy and Prosperous 2006

Armaity & Naval


From Californian 54er Gracie Hayeem:

From: Gracie Lerno (née Hayeem)
To: Jacob
Date: 29-Dec-2005 00:43
Subject: Re: Happy New Year!

Dear Jacob,

Thank you "so" very Much for Pillooo's e. mail.

Just the other day Jeanette[Ezra] Sopher and myself were wondering about getting in touch with Pilloo!

Well you are an Angel again!!!

Jeanette was in Cathedral but left when she was 12 years old.

She married Abe Sopher who was in Cathedral. Probably class of 1951 or 1952.

Many thanks again. Happy Happy New Year again for 2006.

Many many good wishes

Gracie.


From Pune-ite 57er Sunil Sahani:

From: sunil sahni
To: Jacob Matthan
Date: 30-Dec-2005 17:32
Subject: hello from Sunil


Hello Jacob

Trust you and Anniki and family are all well.

We still remember that wonderful holiday we had at Oulu.

Kamal joins me in wishing you all a very happy new year. (even though I guess there is no sun and the temperature is minus 20C?)

Warm Regards

Sunil and Kamal


From Baharaini 59er Abdilwahhaab Zayani

From: Abdilwahhaab Zayani
To: Jacob
Date: 01-Jan-2006 21:13
Subject: Re: Newsy Notes: New Year Greeting from Finland

dear jacob and annikki

thank you for your greetings and for your interesting blogs etc.. i
wish you a happy and fulfilling new year .

best wishes

abdilwahhaab


From Missisippian 61er Ravi Modak:

Ravi Modak
To: Jacob Matthan
Date: 02-Jan-2006 16:22
Subject: Re: Just realised

Hi Jacob,

A very Happy New Year from all of us to all of you.

Thank you for your concern about the hurricanes. We live some 500+ km North of the Gulf coast but after Katrina did her damage she headed straight for us. By the time it arrived it was but a mere whimper. It was Rita that gave us quite a sideswipe. Living where we are is much safer than the coastline but we live in what's called "tornado alley" plus there is the San Madrid faultline which runs from St Louis South to Memphis. We are 150 km SW of Memphis.

In other words there's no safe place to live in these United States! Or most other countries anyway.

Finland at -20C? Brrrr! I hope you're used to it by now!

Best wishes for a prosperous 2006.

Ravi


From Mumbai-ite 83er Baman K Mehta

Baman K Mehta
To: jmatthan@gmail.com
Date: 03-Jan-2006 11:57
Subject: RE: Newsy Notes: New Year Greeting from Finland

Happy NY J

All the best to you and yr family

baman
1983 palmer


From Mumbai-ite 59er Ashok Kapur

From: Ashok Kapur
To: Jacob
Date: 03-Jan-2006 16:23
Subject: RE: Newsy Notes: New Year Greeting from Finland


Dear Jacob,

Thanks for the New Year Greetings which we heartily reciprocate - it was very interesting reading about Zayani- we must get him to our 50th reunion.

This year the class of 55 had their reunion and they were kind to invite me to a lunch at the Taj hosted by Ramesh Melwani and I belive the Non-residents.

It was good to meet Episcopo and Nerukar who I met after 50 years or more.

Karmally was the local organizer and I must say they did a very good job.

We should make it very special.

Rgds

Ashok


From Canadian Vancouverites 49ers / 51ers Peter and Sheila (née Contractor) Vaney

Sheila Vaney
To: Jacob
Date: 04-Jan-2006 04:56
Subject: Happy New Year


Peter and I take this opportunity to wish you and Annikki all the very best for 2006. May it be a year filled with joy and happiness and good connections with all Cathedralites and Stephenians.

Hope you had a great Christmas as we did. I was in Calgary when your previous e-mail arrived but cannot now trace it anywhere!!!

Regards from us both,

Sheila


From Delhi-ite 49er Yezad Kapadia

Yezad Kapadia
To: Jacob
Date: 05-Jan-2006 08:47
Subject: RE: Newsy Notes: New Year Greeting from Finland

Dear Jacob,

Was happy to have gone through the blog on Cathedralites. Had met Sunil at the Founder's Day celebrations in Mumbai in November.

Ubi Oberoi was in class with my brother Sohrab, whose name appears in your list. Since the two are in touch with one another I guess Sohrab will come to know of the reunion in November. In any case I will meet him later this month and inform him of the reunion.

Was in Mumbai for some weddings last month. Met two of your classmates: Shivdasani, who was in charge of India's aircraft carrier, Vikrant, and Percy Mistry.

Am curently in Bangalore with my daughter and her two adorable sons. Got a mail from Naval P that he is back in Mysore after visiting his son in ths States. We two will get to gether.

Take care.

Yesh.

Must say Anniki's creations are very good.


From Californian 67er Anita Watumull

From: Anita Watumull
To: jacob
Date: 05-Jan-2006 07:41
Subject: Oops - wrong year!¨

Hello Jacob,

Pardon the presumption - I happened upon this page

http://kotinetti.suomi.net/hilja.reinikka/Cathedral/ReunionReports/67erReunion04.html

quite by surprise... after following links in your New Year message.

Shobha certainly is far more efficient than any of us other 67ers, and she reported on our reunion quite accurately. My only objection is the caption on this page - it should read 2005, not 2004.. a small detail, but then every year counts at our age!

Many thanks and apologies for the effort to correct this. Keep up your communication, please. Yours is a lone voice linking us old school boys and girls...

Seasons greetings from California!

Anita


From Canadian Ontarion 60er Cynthia Wilson (née Abbott)

From: Cynthia
To: Jacob
Date: 06-Jan-2006 01:03
Subject: RE: [Bulk] Newsy Notes: New Year Greeting from Finland

Hello Jacob & Annikki

I am sure you both must had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year. We had a really nice time with our son Shane and his wife Sandy and for the first time in many years I did not have to cook the turkey etc.

Your Blog has become part of my morning routine and I love reading all your entries and how wonderful it is that so many ex students are in touch via your tremendous efforts. Keep up your good work.

It is unfortunate that you had 'a negative response' - there is always someone out there ready to criticize but would not take on what you have done all these many years. I am sure you must have more positive comments than negative ones, so don't ever feel guilty about the past ... what's done is done ... learn from any mistakes you might have made and continue with your great Blog entries.

Monty is still working in Nova Scotia and comes home on Friday and out again on Monday morning. I enjoyed my visit to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. I thought I might like semi-retirement, but find I am getting bored and so I think I will go back to my Montessori teaching.

I do admire Annikki taking care of her mother, as there are so few of us these days that look after our aged parents. I had my mother live with us in 1993 for a year after my father passed away, but mother did not like living in Canada and insisted on going back and over the years her health has deteriorated and for the past few years has been in a Nursing Home in UK. I usually go home every year, but it is not the same, as actually taking care of my mother.

Already a week into the New Year and I wish you peace, good health and friendships that continue to grow.

Bye for now,
Cynthia


From Virginian 57er Tom Holter to Mumbai-ite 56er HS Uberoi (copy to me)

From: THOMAS HOLTER
To: H S Uberoi
Cc: Jacob Matthan
Date: 07-Jan-2006 05:48
Subject: Hello!

Dear Ubi:

It was great to hear from you by way of Jacob Matthan. He had done a wonderful job putting together his CathedraliteHeaven.Blog.

My wife and I have been doing some house cleaning. In the process I found a number of old school photos. As time permits I will scan them and forward them. After all these years, I can't remember many names. I'm hoping you and others may help me fill in the blanks.

Please note new email address.

Tom


From Mumbai-ite 59er Percy Mistri:

From: Percy M 59er
To: Jacob Matthan
Date: 06-Jan-2006 07:50
Subject: Keep it up

Great.
But
What a lot of work..............
GLAD you enjoy it
as you see from the appreciation ..........
It's worth it
Keep it up
Percy



And many tens of others including Staff Members Willie & Pushpa and Chris & Christine.

I am lucky to have such a wide cross section of friends, YES I AM.

No comments: