59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The purpose of a blog is....

Many have asked me what is the purpose of maintaining this Seventh Heaven blog?

Although it started out to reunite 59ers as I discovered them around the world, it soon became evident that every one of us out there was living with a great deal of nostalgia for our Alma Mater.

It became popular amongst many Cathedralite who wandered into the web pages in the late 90s. I redesigned it a couple of times till finally I made it a blog.

This old guy sitting near the Arctic, knowing nothing about computers, was able to stay ahead of the pack and recognise where technology was leading us.

There are many Cathedralites who have blogs, but this one, with the help of so many of you who correspond with me, has become the main one linking Cathedralites across many generations.

I am greatly honoured that our Alumni President, 81er Rajiv Bhatia, shares his thoughts with me to share with all of you.

So, this email from 56er Ubi shows how we can cross across many generations, and yet be very personal and caring towards one another:

Dear Jacob,

I have, as always, been following the goings on of your blog!

There have been very varied and interesting comments over the past few weeks!

The 57ers Reunion must by now, have ended.

It was good meet them all at the Middle School after the Founders' Day Service.

Tony Jaitly, Arjun Waney, Billoo Bhatnagar, Tom Holter and quite a few more!

It was indeed very kind of the 57ers to have invited me to a few of their functions, and tempted as I was to attend, I firmly feel that such Reunions are strictly for just classmates ans spouses!

As I was neither I did not go!

It was great,however to have had Tom Holter, his very charming wife, Sue, his brother and his wife at home for a few drinks and a trip down memory lane! We exchanged old memories and news about each others' families. Several photographs were taken to commemorate the occasion! I await the arrival of the photographs from Tom!

Regarding Mr.Rahim, I do recall meeting him very many years ago, in the school after a Founders' Day Service!

I am trying to jog my memory if it throws up anything else.

I am trying to remember who it was that introduced me to him!

How is your eye problem? I do hope it is under control and resloving itself!

Take care,

Ubi


My eye problem is still there as my date at the University Research Hospital to determine what should be done is in mid-January. Till then I have to continue to use my old pair of glasses, which means my vision is severely limited. I cannot read written printed text.

But the computer allows me to enlarge anything on the screen to a comfortable size.

I would love to get back to reading books as a whole collection has piled up over the last few months which need my attention!

I am awaiting pictures from many reunion groups to share with you!

No comments: