59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Does this picture trouble you?

No, no, no, Not the picture of Mithoo and Nancy!

But the following one of the photograph of the school yard, which I have posted below, was sent to me recently by a 63er, Mithoo Malani, who lives in Florida. The first picture is Mitho with a gorgeous dish, fellow 63er Nancy (née Dastur), who is the sister of 59er Piloo.

63ers Nancy and Mithoo at the 40 year reunion of 63ers

The sisters share one thing in common. They certainly can turn a lot of admiring heads!

I studied the picture of the yard very carefully. I was greatly troubled by what I read into it.

School yard

Not having had much to do with the school on the physical front after my time there, which ended officially in 1959 December and more generally when I travelled on for my studies in Delhi in 1960, I still hold on to certain traditions that were great during the 50's.

I wonder how many of you know what I am talking about. Of course, I have no right to hold these opinions.

If you are also troubled by this photograph of the state of the school yard, maybe you would like to voice your concerns to me to see whether I have the right to feel the way I do, or whether I am just being a sentimentalist.

1 comment:

αδιβ said...

I don't get it. What's wrong with the quad??