59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Friday, August 31, 2007

Other visitors to Oulu

Posted on Jacob's Blog and the Cathedralite Seventh Heaven Blog.

I am pleased that so many of you reacted to my post of yesterday, welcoming me back to the blogging world.

It was not only the visit of our grandchildren that kept me away from blogging. I was blessed with a series of other visitors who travelled from afar to spend some time with me.

t001-035.jpg Sadhana image by jmatthan
54er Sadhana


54er Sadhana Madhusadan (née Shah) became a fast friend when she contacted me almost six years ago when i was still runing Seventh Heaven as a web page. Then we discovered that we had a common interest as 59er Inderjeet Shah was my classmate. Another of Sadhana's brother's, Randhir, sadly no more, was a 56er.

t001-007.jpg Sadhana and Gopa image by jmatthan
54er Sadhana and daughter, Gopa


t001-034.jpg Gopa and Timo image by jmatthan
Timo and Gopa


Later, Gopa, Sadhana's daughter married a Finn and settled in south Finland and became a part of our family. And after that I did extend my helping hand to Sadhana to organise the 50th year reunion of the Class of 54. The 54ers rewarded me by making mention of my assistance during their reunion and also sent me details, CD, etc. of their grand reunion.

I have been asking Sadhana to visit Finland as her daughter is here and she could spend some quality time with Annikki and me. Leaving her husband, Madhu, a Mallu like me, and son, Sid, she traveled to Helsinki to visit her daughter. Gopa and her husband, Timo, organised a holiday in a nearby ski resort (no snow in summer, but great nature walks) and after a few days there, they dropped of Sadhana in Oulu to spend a few days with us.

t001-029.jpg Me and the Elk image by jmatthan
The reindeer and me!


t001-030.jpg Sadhana and the Elk image by jmatthan
The Reindeer and Sadhana


I was able to show Sadhana our home of the last 23 years including the unique Zoological Museum where one can see the whole flora and fauna in Finland in 10 minutes, flat!

The stuffed reindeer was one of the exhibits.

t001-031.jpg Sadhana, Gopa and Timo with me at Michelle's Indian Restaurant image by jmatthan
Sadhana, Gopa, Timo and me at Michelle's Indian Restaurant


t001-032.jpg Michelle and Nushad image by jmatthan
Michelle with Nushad


We dined at several of my friend's restaurants and the last meal before Sadhana departed was at Michelle's new Indian restaurant where Michelle and Hushad served us a wonderful meal.

It was a wonderful time as we talked and talked and talked, while Annikki and Sadhana laughed and laughed and laughed.

IM000245.jpg Sadhana and Annikki bid farewell image by jmatthan
Anniikki bids goodbye to her new friend


Parting was sorrow for all of us as Sadhana, far from being just another internet friend became someone live and flesh and blood for both Annikki and me!

Sadhana, thank you for spending time with us.

No comments: