59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Founders Day today

Lots of things are happening in Mumbai at the moment I write this entry.

But 59er Vijay Shivdasani took the time and trouble to share this very emotional email with all of us:

from: 59er Vijay Shivdasani
date: Nov 14, 2007 8:42 AM
subject: Founders Day Service --- I cannot even begin........

To all my Classmates & Schoolmates,

Even if I tried I could not express the quiet dignity, the peaceful beauty, the superb choral rendition and the warm friendly camaraderie of ole contemporaries at the Service from where I have just returned.....so I am going to send you all a quote..........

"A tree is judged by its fruit. We thank Thee for the fruit that is our School that has borne good fruit for these several years. Grant, that as the years pass by, there may go forth from this School, a great company of men and women who, inspired by Thy Spirit, shall serve faithfully in their different professions for the welfare their fellowmen and for the good of India........."


See you at our (59er 50th) Reunion if not before!

As ever

Shivi



Suchita and Vijay - 2007.
Photograph by Hasnain Chinwalla.


Vijay's lovely wife, Suchita, also a Cathedralite, is 62er.

Thank you Vijay for sharing this with us who could not be there.

No comments: