59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A thrilling discovery

I was happy that when I found I had a 45er on board. But today I was humbled when I was told by my favorite detective about a 35er in New York!

from Gracie (née Hayeem) Lerno
to Jacob Matthan
date 19 Apr 2008 07:15
subject Re: Thank you and Organising a Reunion

So Jacob,

This was truly Amazing to be able to send our feelers out and have Sarah find the Cats!!!!

I am so happy that we all have this great connection.

I have been again sick with a Bronchitis Pneumonia now for two weeks. It is finally shaking off.So have not been inclined to go on the computer.

Glad you have that Babylonia c.d.

I spoke to Sarah Manasseh's mum who is in New York now with her brother Yakov. Same class as Barbara Rossi!

She told me she is 1935 Graduate of Cathedral!!!! Rachel Mansseh.

Will talk again soon. What a job you do. I am always humbled by what you have achieved for all of us.

Blessings to you and your family.

Love

Gracie.


In this short email, a sick but truly devoted 54er conveyed so much to me. I pray for a speedy recovery to this wonderful friend in California.

62er Sara Mansseh, in London, is indeed a great contact and has helped unearth several 64ers. Sara's brother, Yakov, is 69er and the classmate of another of my favourite correspondents. 69er Barbara Mont Ros, in Italy, did say she was one of my youngest informants. When I hear her name, this image always comes to mind:



Barbara will always remain, mentally, as my "youngest"!

To hear about a 35er, Rachel Mansseh, truly made my day.

I had been taken to task and corrected by several people about some year mix-ups.

60er Claire Knight (née Pharoah) wrote in to say she was a 60er and not a 61er, as I had assumed. This therefore corrected that Suchita Shivdasani (née Assomull), Purnima Sethi (née Mazumdar), Elizabeth Matthai (née Matthan), Ranjini Kalappa (née Chinappa), Surtaj Noorani (née Hai) are all 61ers, and not 62ers as I had assumed.

Thanks Claire, 59er Vijay Shivdaaani, and others for helping me correct a long standing error.

I had this interesting news from a 58er Homi Khusrokhan about a 59er who refuses to get on board the computer wagon world:

from Homi Khusrokhan
to Jacob Matthan
date 19 Apr 2008 02:26
subject RE: Identification Parade


Dear Jacob,

My friend “Jingles” (a name I gave him in our Glaxo days) is becoming more and more idiosyncratic with each passing year! (We worked together in Glaxo for about 15 years before he retired at the grand old age of 44!).

He has, a couple of years ago, consigned his old computer to the WPB (Waste Paper Basket) and of course shuttles between the plains of the Deccan and the Himalayan mountains, with the latter getting the Lion’s (or should I say the Moose’s) share of time.

I can certainly offer to print out your mails to him and scan his snail mail back to you if you like. I have reminded him just yesterday that the 59’ers are revving up and I am sure he will be there in Nov. 2009.

After I wrote to you I spotted, Jaffer Hussain and Soli Guzder from my class. Today we may spot some more.

Bye for now.

Homi


"Jingles" is none other than 59er Jangoo Moos. I recall meeting him in a friend's room in 1976 where he was lounging on the floor. As I walked in, he recited our 59er Class Register, overshot my name, but then tracked back, to identify ME!!

Homi and crowd are busy organising their 50th year Reunion THIS YEAR, so if you know ANY 58er, please ask them to get in touch with me.

Homi and many Cathedralites are co-operating in a game called "Identification Parade" that I am playing of identifying people from a school photograph. The photograph we are presently discussing is the 54 Champion House, Wilson.

If you have a Champion House Photograph, do send it to me and we can add it to the list of ones I will include in this game!

The Babylonia CD cut by several Cathedralites is truly great!

No comments: