59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Friday, May 01, 2009

What Cathedral taught me!

Every year, for the past two years, Oulu has been holding a Free Speech Day in the City Central Park (Otto Karhi Puisto). A sort of copying Hyde Park Corner for one day a year.

The Finns all cluster around a mike provided by the local newspaper and the radio station, and take turns in speaking.

Not so this young man!

I have my own rostrum and speak on a variety of subjects, answering any hecklers or challengers with the skill I learnt when in Cathedral.

From Jacob's Blog

2007 - My rickety platform.


The first year I had a rickety platform with Annikki yelling from the window telling me not to stand on it. I survived!

Last year, I got myself a higher and sturdier platform and covered 35 subjects in the space of an hour and a bit.

This year, I have an even longer list of subjects and maybe will have a slightly larger audience as I bash the system!

No comments: