59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Monday, March 08, 2010

Most unusual Cock House picture!

Recently, when I asked for data about Cock Houses from my readers, I had an interesting email and some photographs from 68er Ravi Nangia (Singapore).

Like me, Ravi belonged to Savage House [Apology: Ravi corrected me - he was in Palmer, not Savage; or was it that he changed his colours? :-)].

After finishing at Cathedral, like me, he also went to St. Stephen's College. (Ravi - just to tell you the Stephanians in Singapore are getting together - contact Ashok!)

So we have much in common. Ravi is a regular reader of my blogs and also a regular correspondent.

Among the photographs he sent me was this one.

I have quickly tried to improve the quality of this picture using my photo enhancement tools. But much more can and will be done.


From Seventh Heaven


Can anyone out there, excluding, of course, Ravi, tell me what is unusual about this picture?

And, for those who notice the unusual character, has this ever happened, in their memory, before or after this year?

2 comments:

Zahid Parkar, said...

The School Principal (Mr Gunnery)is missing in the photograph.
Incidently there was a tie for the cock house in 1963 - Savage & Palmer.

Anonymous said...

BRAVO Jacob for the enormous effort you put into linking these pieces of school history, I really wish you succeed with the help of all the different class representatives!
Barbara