59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Saturday, June 03, 2006

59er controversy now settled, new one arises...

Finally, after much goading, Vijay Nayar checked out this blog and wanted to correct some of the misconceptions that have arisen.

Dear Jacob

I want to correct the following : -

1) I was Head Boy during the 1st Half 1960. By the time photographs were to be taken I had left for the UK and joined Milfield School in Somerset. Thus the missing photograph.

2) I never won the Indian Squash Championship.

3) I was Hockey Captain (1960) and Cricket Captain (1959) and played football for School. I also played Badminton and Table Tennis.

4) In the UK I won the UK Universities Athletic Union Squash Championship in 1965, played cricket for Sommerset 2nd XI - 1962, Cricket and Squash for Southampton University 1963 - 1965, Cricket for UK Universities Athletic Union 1964-1965.

Vijay Nayar

cc. Ashok Kapur. Pls use your fat influence and take up with school.


Is it not nice to get the info direct from the horse's mouth.

I apologise for some of the errors as my memory cells are a bit worn after 40+ years, but I think that I was near accurate. Also, it explains why Vijay is not seen in the Prefects and Hockey photographs for 1960, as he had already left for the UK.


Ashok Kapur is featured as the Hockey Captain for 1960!
Actually, it was Vijay.


But this picture troubles me. Arvind Thadani did not go back to school in early 1960, as he and I used to spend the early mornings of the first few months of 1960 going to the Gym and then lazing at his home listening to music.

Did Arvind go back to school to do his HSc in 1960, and then get back onto the hockey team?

So now we have a brand new controversy developing!

But, is that not why this blog exists so that we can get things sorted out.

Vijay wants Ashok to help get the school correct the Plaque. I think that, like 49er Yezad Kapadia, it maybe best if Vijay writes to the Principal himself, as it is not a question of influence, but a question of the School Information Boards being correct.

Maybe one of you readers can point the authorities to this BLOG and ask them to see what the issues are, as besides Vijay's name missing, as pointed out in another entry, another Head Boy's name is missing!

Or maybe someone could inform the Alumni or School official websites to take up the issue.

There are some political issues involved here. People jockey for "power" in terms of trying to claim that they have the best info, etc.

I am not in this "rat race".

The Seventh Heaven Blog is for fun and frolic and I hope all of you realise that. I am not trying to have this BLOG declared as THE official Blog of the school or the Alumni. It is just my personal blog and when I make a mistake, I try to correct it as soon as possible.

The Official School Web Site as well as the Alumni Web Site can do the needful, if there are any of you interested in getting things correctly done in the school.

That many of you find this blog interesting makes me happy and let it stay that way. And remember, this is for FUN - yours and mine!

No comments: