59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Caught in a blinking snowstorm

I had just finished a meeting of the new Indians Group we have in Oulu - called O-Indians. (We have all the major Indian InfoTech Companies moving into Oulu these last few months). We are having a celebration party of Pongal and Shankaranti this Saturday evening. I just stepped into a blinking snowstorm from the organisation meeting when my mobile rang.

On the other end was none other than 59er Venkat, Venkat Kurma, and that guy had the audacity to ask whether I knew who he was!!!!!


Venkat and Shivi.


Not know Venkat?

I was sure that he had consumed more than his normal quota.

Ignoring the roaring blizzard conditions around me, with a very bad line, I heard from Venkat that they were having "a party" in Pune.


Trevor in Mumbai.


Hasnain and Shivi.


After a few words with Venkat, I spoke to 59er Trevor Newnes, who was there from Brisbane, 59er Hasnain Chinwalla, who was there from Toronto, and 59er Vijay Shivdasani (Shivi), who was there from Mumbai. And they had just chatted with 59er Armeane Choksi in Washington!

Aren't we 59ers a great crowd?

Now Shivi was very specific - I would be personal non-grata if I wished him Happy Birthday on Sunday. Fellow 59ers, remember NOT TO WISH our Captain on his 65th birthday this Sunday, as I have no desire to attain the status described!

No comments: