59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Delhi Chapter says "Thank you" to Vijay and Meera

59er Vijay Nayar and his wife, Meera (née Chunnilal) (Bombay, Fort Convent), hosted a Cocktail party of the Delhi Chapter of the Cat Alumni. It was attended by 20 members. This was the request I received from their local Convenor:

Hi,

On behalf of the DELHI CHAPTER of CATALUMNI, I have the pleasure of conveying that Mr Vijay Nayar (1959er) & his wife, Meera, hosted Cocktails for 20 of us at their Home yesterday (28/06) evening. We are all indeed grateful and would like to express our BIG THANK YOU to them - through your medium !!!!!!!

Kind regards

Deepak
__________________
Deepak A Deshpande
Managing Director
METLLOY Overseas Private Limited
A-7 Nizamuddin East
New Delhi 110 013, India


Here are some of the photographs from the event. (This is an autoplay slide show of the pictures from the Cocktail party.)



In one I noted that Vijay is showing signs of starting a pot belly, which at 65 is fairly good going. Meera still looks the glorious radiant self that I have known for the last 39 years. It is also great to see 57er Tony (Ashok) Jaitly and 49er Yezad Kapadia, one on my favourite correspondents, looking so full of life and vigour.

Ravi Jaitly is also there, but there is no shot of the two brothers together. I remember both of them vividly as they were both outstanding sportsmen, as well as great leaders, and they oozed friendliness.

As I may fall into the doghouse if I comment on some other people there :-) - I will say no more but thank 64er Deepak for sending me this great set of photos to share with you.

No comments: