59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Pleasantly delighted!

I was very pleasantly delighted to receive an email today from a Cathedralite I greatly admire and respect.

Here is a picture which has the correspondent. Can anyone identify him, and also "yours truly", who also happens to be in the same photograph? (Click to see larger image. Sorry no prizes for this contest!)

1958 Cathedral Senior Hockey Team

1958 Cathedral Senior Hockey Team


Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:06:02 +0530
From: HS Uberoi
Subject: Great To Renew Contact
To: Jacob

Dear Jacob,

I am amazed to have been forwarded a copy of Jacob's Blog. So far I have just had a very cursory look at the mountain of delightful detail that you have so painstakingly put together.

It really must be the only meeting point of Cathedral old students in the world. Well done indeed!

I was in the same class as your brother, Ranjit. Also Savage.

My two sisters are ex-Cathedral, and so are my two children, as also is my daughter-in-law,
Anahita. I now have one granddaughter in infant school with the hope to have the second one also in Cathedral at the end of the year.

Sisters - Harmohina and Dimple
Children - Samir and Yasna; Daughter-in-law Anahita
Grand daughters - Anisa and Aliya
My wife Bubbles, although not an ex Cathedralite, was closely connected with the school as an active PTA member especially when the school celebrated its 125th anniversary.

Harmohina was Head Girl in her time. Dimple and my daughter, Yasna, were House Captains in their respective years. Samir and Anahita were classmates in school and Head Boy and Head Girl respectively. I was Head Boy in my last year.

Just a few line to re-establish old links and I do look forward to exchanging a great deal of information with you in the future.

My warmest regards,

Ubi (H.S.Uberoi)


56er /58er Ubi was an extraordinary character as he was "friendly" with everyone. We all felt we knew him personally, and he loved all of us as much as we loved him.

Sister, 59er Harmhina, was not only Head Girl, but also Green House Captain, so we danced the opening dances at all the school socials that year. Also we used to have great parties at Ubi's place - they were fun. Nobody ever wanted to go home from those parties and we literally had to be thrown out of their 'A' or 'B' Road flat in Churchgate.

There are three Cathedralites who stand out during the pre-1959 era - Ubi, Nalin Dharia and Earnest Haskell.

It is wonderful that Ubi is now able to see this Seventh Heaven Blog, and hopefully update us about a lot that has happened during the last 47 years.

(Why do I say pre-1959? 1959 was the most extraordinary year as we had almost everyone of that year classes have been supermen, in sports, in studies and in their performance after school - no kidding! I'll do a story on that one day- promise.)

Ubi has been in Air India. I quietly followed his career to the top as long as he was there. However, like me, he has probably now retired, so is now off my radar.

Welcome to my blog, UBI and family.

No comments: