59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Reunions THIS year, 2005

I am sure that the passing away of Michael Colaco has got many of you thinking.

Yes, it is important that you attend your class reunion and renew your friendships with those who you shared many years with as close friends, locked up for several years in the same classrooms.

To me, those years in school were not about just studying English (sorry John), Physics (sorry Willie) or Chemistry (sorry OAG). It was about education - learning to live and respect others in all circumstances. Mr. Joe De Souza was instrumental in teaching us how to debate.

Mr. Joe De Souza

Mr. Joe De Souza, our history teacher
who also introduced us to debating


It was part of being part of a team.

That has stood me in good stead all these years - which is the success you share with others on this blog - not my blog, but yours.

Two groups will hold their reunions this year in Mumbai around Founder's Day in November.

The 1955 Group is busy organising its reunion. They have not sought any assistance from me and I am sure those mature gentleman and ladies will find their old schoolmates.

Ther 1970 Group is also holding its 35 year reunion. A list of students that have not yet been traced has been sent to me. I will start my search in a few days.

If you have a class photograph, please, please send me a scan at a reasonably high resolution.

However, if you are a 70er, you could save me some trouble by checking in with me so that I can put you in touch with the organisers.

They have a lively programme organised. I am sure none of you would want to miss it. If you live outside of India, even more important that you get in touch with me quick so that I can give you any relevant information so that yu can organise your ticketing.

Even if you are not a 70er, but know of any, either let the person know, or send me details so I can contact them.

No comments: