59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Monday, January 04, 2010

Has it been that long?

It seemed just yesterday I blogged the story about my friend being hacked. His hotmail account is still spewing out virus emails.

But what I realised is that when I am blogging at several places, it sometimes is that some blogs get overlooked if there is not some hot news to report.

I was busy blogging my views about the incompetent Finnish Police force after that incident at the shopping centre in Espoo. I was also busy blogging about the incompetent bank called ICICI.

So it was natural with such hot stories, one forgets that I have a world of readers on my other blogs.

Today, for instance, I blogged (Jacob's Politics) what is probably a minority of 1 opinion that the Yemen / Somali push by US and UK is to gain a military foothold in the narrowest entry point into the Arabian Sea - strategically very important, if you want to be the world's policeman!

So obviously, my Cathedralite Seventh Heaven Blog was sort of forgotten, but not any of you my dear friends.

I exchanged a couple of wonderful emails from Joan, who is an inspiration to everyone that comes in contact with her.

I had Christmas and New Year greetings from every corner of the world from Cathedralites.

I cannot forget for a moment that I am a Cathedralite and that I am in touch with over a couple of thousand of you located around the world. My Inbox speaks it daily!

I am putting up one picture from our 59er 50th Year Reunion which was taken outside the St. Thomas Cathedral just before our Founders'Day Service.


Hasnain Chinwala, Vijay Shividasani, Jacob Matthan, William Shiri (Physics teacher), Ramesh Mirchandani, Viney Sethi (at back), Noel Ezekiel (front), Ooky Elijah Elias, David Colaco. The Ladies: Gita Simoes, Anjula Mansukhani, Asha Agarwal, Harmo Malik, Sheryn Mulla, Parvin Surti, Seeta Nayyar, Saroj Malkani. The Men behind the ladies: Anil Ruia, Vikram Savara, Naubir Mohindar, Peter Miovic, Adi Cooper, Arvind Thadhani, Atul Kapadia, Venkat Kurma, Ratan Singara, Khurshed Balsara, Vinay Dabholkar, Robert Tyabji, Arun Sethi and Jangoo Moos.


A few who attended various parts of our reuion and are missing from this photograph are John Billington (Class Teacher XI A and English Teacher), Joe D'Souza (History teacher), Armeane Choksi, Ashok Ruia, Bashir Currimjee, Ellis Hayeem, Farhana Poonawala, Indrajit Shah, Ketty Kapadia, Percy Mistri, Piloo Tata, Renuka Batliwala, Vijay Nayar, Vikram Kamdar, Zarine Taraporewala, Zenobia Mehta. (Anyone forgotten?)

There is another development going on. The Cathedralite Google Group for 59ers is taking a new twist and turn, now that the Reunion is over. There are some articles being posted and some very interesting comments and discussions.

The present discussion centres around philanthrophy and our industrial corporations. I was amazed to read that 60+% 0f Tata's profits finds its way into charitable work in one form or another. Do any of our IT companies reach anywhere near that value!

Will that Group become a more serious forum for 59ers?

Let us hope so.

In the meantime, do prod me if you find I am neglecting this blog! I am not facing writer's block, as previously. My trip to India has sharpened my senses and many more nostalgic memories have flooded through my brain, waiting to be released onto this unsuspecting readership. :-)

No comments: