59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Most poignant moment of memories of School

Annikki and I started a programme amongst our own Seventh Heaven Google Group for 59er Cathedralites to ask them to record the most poignant moment of their historic 50th Year Reunion.

We have several non-59ers who are observers on that Google Group.

I have received requests from quite a few of them whether I could put up a request on this blog, which is read by Cathedralites from 1945 up to 2010, for submission of the most poignant moment of their individual year reunions, or even more possibly, the most poignant moment of their life in relationship to our school.

For instance, it could be the depth of feeling you had being appointed as school captain, or getting an unexpected first class in the final exam, or winning a coveted medal, or award from or on behalf of the school, or your grandchild taking part in an event of the school!

I know it will be hard work for Annikki and me to sift through such submissions that come, as we will not personally know many of you who make them. So it may appear out of context for us. However, we decided to entertain such submissions, which will then be published on this our Seventh Heaven Blog. You can email it to either Annikki or me. (jmatthan at gmail.com or jmatthana at email.com)

Probably all of you will think that the moment I opened my eyes after being resuscitated by Mr. Arthur Morecroft on the sandy beach on the banks of Vasind river was my most poignant moment of my entire life. Good guess...

But, let me assure you, there are competing moments, such as the most embarrassing moment of my life at the school opera, or even the most poignant very personal moment of our experience at our 50th Year Reunion, which is yet to be recorded.

Do let us have your submissions. I think it will be fun to read them. I think it will provide an important link between Cathedralites of all ages.

1 comment:

how to ollie said...

I'm always looking out for great blogs. Seems like you have a good one here. Diamond in the rough.