59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Friday, January 08, 2010

A special person


64er Rajiv Svedberg, a ZMac enthusiast, like me.


I have made lots and lots of friends of all years from our school.

Of the 59ers, Arvind, Noel, Naubir, Ooky, Ramesh, Shivi, Vijay, Viney, and our late Ashok, have been especially close over the last 55 years. More recently, thanks to the internet, Anil, Armeane, Ellis, Jack, Hasnain, Narayan, Percy, Peter, Ratan and Trevor have become very dear friends.

And at our 50th Year Reunion I felt a deep bond develop with all my other classmates.

But even more than these my classmates, there is one person from our school who is absolutely special.

A couple of years ago he called me up from New Delhi and spoke to me at length. We discussed many things. From the very first words, it was as if we had known each other for years.

From then on he has been a constant source of joy, because, not only is he easy going but also delightful company, over the phone and in person.

I really enjoyed my quality time with him when I visited his office while I was in Delhi. He is one of the very few people that I actually took time to visit.


The 64er Reunion in November 2009 / © Rajiv Ved)

A 64er, he has driven that year to become a lively group like our 59ers. He does feel sometimes that all of his classmates are not yet on the same wicket all of the time. But he does have some wonderful classmates, to that I can vouch.

Today is his birthday.

It is just before 10:00 am in New Delhi. In a short while I will ring him to wish him.

He has made my world a delight. We have so many cross connections, that is as if I have known him all my life.

For fear of embarrassing him, I do not intend to name him here, as he knows who he is. All I say with all the deepest sentiment in my heart, is "Happy Birthday, dear friend".

No comments: