59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Am I really such a nutcase? And Reunion news....


Ooky, writing to Jack, made this comment:

"You have no idea how good it feels to get in touch with some of the old mates after more than 40 years. And for this we all have to be terrifically grateful to Jacob Matthan up in Finland. Only a supreme nutcase like him could actually start something like what he is doing and keep it up relentlessly year after year. I really douf my hat to him."

Thanks Ooky, knowing your sense of humour - that is indeed a great compliment.

Now to more serious matters.

The 54ers are planning their 50 year reunion. No, this is not an April Fool's prank. If you are a 54er, you should get in touch with one of the following :

Sadhana Madhusadan, loacted in Pune, Suhas Phadke, located in Mumbai or Gracie Lerno (née Hayeem), in the US for more details. I am sure further details will also soon be posted on this blog.

The present list of 54ers who are on my list is as follows:

Rahul Bajaj
Vispy Banaji
Nilini Chandra (née Nair)
Ratan Chawla
Kasvy Dastur
Dara Dastur
Soli Davar
Saleem Fazalbhoy
Vijaya Gupchup (née Hattiangada)
Ravi Jaitly
Rumy Kapadia
Gracie Lerno (née Hayeem)
Sadhana Madhusadan (née Shah)
Miriam Natelson (née Gumpert)
Nilina Parkar (née Pillai)
Armaity Patel (née Mody)
Suhas Phadke
Antony Ramsinh
Jal J. Tata
Zehra Tyabji (née Tyebhoy)
Sheila Vaney (née Contractor)
Arnavaz Wadia (née Guzdar)

Of late Vispy Banaji's email address is bouncing and Antony Ramsinh is off on one of his jaunts and appears to be unreachable. So anyone who has access to these people should let them know of the news of the reunion.

I think special thanks are necessary to 53ers Pushpa Bhatia (née Dungersee) and Captain Anees who have offered to help the 54ers to organise the reunion.

Prakash Thadani informed me that the 69ers are also planning the 35 year reunion this year. Will all 69ers contact me so that I can organise to forward your details to Prakash.

We had been thinking of a 45 year reunion for 59ers in Finland, but it appears that only a handful can get to this location. I am sure Vijay Shivdasani and our crew in Mumbai will organise a reunion, maybe not at the same time as the 54ers and the 69ers, but probably around Christmas as we all got together for our 40 year reunion in 1999. It was such a great occasion and I often look at the video I took. Maybe one of these days I will put up an edited version on this blog. But for that I have to do some studies of importing analogue video into my Mac!! Not tried it before, but I guess it could not be so difficult as some kids I know appear to be doing it regularly.

Viral Doshi is keeping track of this for the official Cathedral School website, so you can also keep in touch with him for reunions of any other group.

No comments: