59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Aubrey connects


I am so happy to have Aubrey back on line now that I discovered my error in the email address - not his fault, entirely mine. Although he is not the Prodigal Son, my reaction is the same as that father who welcomed his son back home!!

Here is Aubrey's input:

Subject: RE: Welcome back

Nice to hear from you again Jacob, and thanks for passing on my e-mail
address to Bill Shiri. I was indeed glad to hear from him, and we will make
plans to visit each other soon. He tell's me that he now lives on the 29th.
floor of an apartment building so that he will be one step closer to his
eventual ascension to heaven!

I was also glad to make contact with Sadhana Madhusudan and Ravi Jaitley
through receiving their e-mail addresses from Gracie Hayeem. Sadhana seems a
lovely person, and I can see why Pam found her endearing. She thinks well of
you and Annikki for being such good surrogate parents to her daughter in
Finland. Ravi has sent me Tony Jaitley's e-mail address, as he was a
classmate of mine, and it would be great to exchange news after 50 odd
years. .

Well, I will be retiring at the end of April, and I am looking forward to
it. This will give me more time to indulge in the kinds of things that I
have hitherto had less time for. By the way, this will include installing a
Linux operating system dual boot option on my desktop. Last year I underwent
a quadruple heart bypass operation, which now requires me to follow a proper
exercise regimen and diet, which will become more attainable once I retire.

I must say that I enjoyed your Cathedral Blog, which is such a good idea.
Keep it up. Thank you for including the photograph of Pam and myself, taken
at Bristol University in 1959 when Pam was just 21 years old. We miss her
dearly.

All for now, and keep up the good work.

Aubrey

No comments: