59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Thank you, thank you, thank you


Thank you to all of you who have got up so early in the morning, or at the last thing before you went to bed, to send me birthday greetings. To many to list here individually, but individual thanks will be in your email boxes latest by tomorrow morning, I promise!!

It feels good to hit the 61 mark. However, to both my grandchildren today I became 6 + 1 = 7, their age. I feel that age as I shout and play with them, and I guess that many of you have also assigned that age to me.

My granddaughter, Asha, rang yesterday to wish me a happy birthday. Reason, she wanted to wish me ahead of her cousin, little Samu, who is here in Oulu. There seems to be a sort of competition developing between the two little ones for their place in our hearts, but we truly love them both equally and have been trying to do things simultaneously for both of them.

I have absolutely the same love and affection that I have for my grandchildren for all of you. You have all filled my cup of joy with your interaction with me over the last 50 years when I joined Cathedral School. I felt welcome from Day 1. Although I lost a year in my transfer from Bangalore to Bombay, I think that was for the best. The class of 59 were just wonderful. I have enjoyed such camaradeship with each and every one of you.

I mourn the loss of several of my colleagues, many of whom I remember in my thoughts each time I sit down to write a few lines to any of you. People like Bala Parasuraman, Jacob Eapen, and others have played very important roles in my life in several ways and for the positives that they brought to my life. I thank them and all of you.

Annikki will be rustling up one of her special cakes for this evening. Any of you passing by are welcome to drop in. There is going to be a second cake as grandson, Samu, wants to recelebrate his birthday with us as he was in Newcastle when he celebrated his last birthday.

2002JM5907

Iitu contemplates the delicious cream topping on one of my previous birthday cakes.

Thank you, once again.

No comments: