59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Happy birthday Ashok

I hope all of you will join me in wishing one of our greatest 59ers, Ashok Kapur, a very happy 62nd birthday,

Ashok and me in Bombay sometime in the 1990's

Ashok and me in Bombay sometime in the 1990's


Ashok lives in Bombay with his beautiful and charming wife, Madhu.

Ashok was and is a great sportsman - playing hockey and cricket for the school and being involved with a lot more sports as badminton, squash, etc.

Soon after he left school he joined the National Grindlays Bank and was sent for training to the Banks training centre in England. That was the time I was also in London and I remember visiting his room in his Blackheath hostel.

On returing to India his growth was meteroic and he served National Grindlays in Calcutta, Delhi, Bombay and reached the top. I remember visiting him when he served in Calcutta, one of my very few visits tpo that city, and I even stayed with him. That was before he was married.

He left the bank to further his personal role in Indian banking, and has been involved with some great banking developments till today. He is the Chairman of a new bank in which he is one of the major shareholders.

Happy birthday Ashok.

No comments: