59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Thursday, December 22, 2005

I unearth another of my CatCall articles




I mentioned in an earlier post that I had written 3 articles for CatCall.

I just discovered the second.

When I was searching for postal addresses of some 59ers, I stumbled on the second of my articles entitled Diversity. Maybe I will also discover the third one that I wrote!

Many people have asked me what has been the greatest benefit to me of my having studied in Cathedral. I am sure that this is a common question to all those who have had the opportunity to study in good schools. There are indeed many possible answers. Going back to my school days itself, one would be overwhelmed and say that it was the excellent teaching staff, such as John Billington, William (Willie) Shiri and 0. A. Gregory, or the late Glyne-Howell, Arthur Morecroft (who saved my life), Stan [Pop Pharaoh, Rider Salmon, Denzel Timmins, W. H. (Hugh) Thompson, and / or the excellent opportunity not only for a format classroom education but also the availability of good sports education including athletics, badminton, boxing, cricket, football, hockey, lemon drop cricket, physical training, quad football, swimming, table tennis, tennis etc. This, despite the fact that the school was located in the centre of a massive city with not an inch of sports field in our complex. And maybe I should also add the great traditional sports like marbles and spinning tops, and other seasonal games that we played during the breaks.

more....


The findians.com domain name is now dead so you will find me at

http://jmatthan.blogspot.com

as well as this Seventh Heaven site.

No comments: