59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Just discovered my article in CatCall

Thanks to 59er Hasnain Chinwalla for this great picture of our school:

Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai, Copyright Hasnain Chinwalla

Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai,
Copyright Hasnain Chinwalla


Many moons ago I was asked to write a series of articles for CatCall, our School Old Students magazine. I submitted three articles.

I heard one had been published and that the copies of the magazine were winging their way to me, but sadly, it has not arrived to date!

While browsing the Internet this morning, I found my first submission Seventh Heaven (Syndicated to findians.com, Oulu, Finland), online!

When I received a call from '57er Kashinath Dandekar asking whether the name "Seventh Heaven" was appropriate for my web page about my class, as it sort of raised the impression of a Bangkok massage parlour, I realised that much water had flowed under the bridge since my childhood days.

The year was 1955. Our class was situated on the ground floor just next to the chemistry laboratory. The class teacher was Mr [W. H.) Thompson (Hugh). Many of this group of boys - later became the outstanding class of '59 - one of the finest sets of students to graduate from our school.

During one English class, a suggestion was put forward that we should start a magazine. A competition was held to choose an appropriate name. Out of 30 excellent suggestions emerged "Seventh Heaven". This was a clear winner..... more


Remember that the URL given in the article is no more. All links must now point to this blog where I have archived all my previous issues of the Seventh Heaven Web Version.

You can read the whole article at the School Alumni site. Thanks for publishing it.

I have also heard that Catcall has been put on hold as they have not got any Editors to ensure that it is a regular publication.

Are you not glad that we have "Seventh Heaven"? :-)

No comments: