59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

All 50ers will remember Tom

57ers seem to be dominating my inputs of late. Sunil last week - and now Tom.

Tom Holter, Head Boy and Palmer House Captain in 1957.

Will anyone forget Tom?

Not likely. Tom was one of the greats of the 50s - even though he was a Palmerite. :-).

So I was thrilled to get an email from him. Here is an edited version of his input.

Dear Jacob:

Thanks so much for including me in your New Year’s greeting. I really enjoyed your cathedraliteheaven.blogspot , in particular the update from Uberoi regarding the 1956 class reunion.

As you may recall, I was Head Boy as well as Palmer House captain in 1957. I have been enjoying the exchange of messages with my classmates; in particular Budhni Budhniwala, Sunil, and Jimmy Patel. My wife and I are planning to attend the class of ’57 50th reunion in 2007. I also remember fondling my association with members of the class of ’55 and ’56. In particular I would welcome hearing from Vijay Nerurker (’55) , Uberoi and Jimmy Tata.

Let me take the time to share more of my history with you. When I left Bombay in 1957, I returned to the US and attended Drexel University in Philadephia, Pennsylvania. I graduated with a BS in Commerce & Engineering in 1962 and while working I got my Masters in Business Administration at night, also at Drexel.

I worked most of my career in procurement, but also spent time in local government, consulting as well as my own technical services company. I retired from Dominion Resources, a very large energy company in 2001.

My wife, Sue, and I have been married 43 years. Currently we live near Richmond, Virginia approx 90 miles south of Washington D.C. My daughter, Wendy is 37. She is a homemaker married to the CEO of a systems engineering consulting company. She has 2 boys ages 7 and 5. My other daughter Nancy is a Senior Network Engineer with a large hospital group in Washington DC. She was married this year in St John, The Virgin Islands.

Sue and I love to travel. I the last 5 years we have visited Italy, France and Spain, London and Hawaii. In August of this year we cruised the Baltic. We loved Helsinki!. I also love to play golf. We both spend a lot of time with our grand children. Life is great!

57er Tom Holter's daughter Nancy's wedding St. John's Virgin Island
57er Tom Holter's daughter Nancy's wedding
in St. John's, The Virgin Island, 2005


Here is a photo of my family taken this summer at my daughter’s wedding.

Tom Holter


Fellow Palmerite, 59er Ashok Kapur, take note. In your most recent email you mentioned that you met up with 55er Vijay Nerurker. I wonder if you could help put Tom in touch with him.

Ubi and Jimmy, please contact me so that I can put you in touch with Tom.

I hope that Tom and Sue will plan a trip "through" Finland, in summer. I am sure they would be enthralled by this beautiful country and its glorious summer weather.

Hope you 57ers haver a great reunion in 2007. And do not forget to submit your Reunion Report to me!

No comments: