59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Sunday, March 19, 2006

A 56er checks in...; Snow Rugby in Oulu

Doreen Helmlich (née Feibush) has been a dear friend from South Carolina, USA ,and she is a "56er".

She just checked in so Ubi and Meena can add her to the list.

I hope this wonderful Cathedralite gets to the 56er reunion.

Dear Jacob,

By now, I hope Spring-like weather has arrived in Oulu, as it has over here. The daffodils and flowering trees have been in full bloom, which lifts one's spirits after the winter blahs.

It's been quite a while since we last corresponded, but I do check on your blog periodically to keep up with your news and the Cathedralite news. As a matter of fact, I want to attend the '56ers reunion in November, as it's been a dream of mine to see my old school friends and visit the venerable Cathedral again, and this weeklong reunion celebration would be an ideal time to go there -- before I get even older and creakier.

Meena Bhatt (nee Lele) has done an outstanding and most commendable job in making all the arrangements to take place throughout the week.

I'm just dreading the actual trip to India and back. Just getting to London from South Carolina is bad enough; I arrive there more dead than alive, so flying that much further (in steerage class) will be that much worse. Will need to break up the trip somewhere in Europe for a day or two, if possible.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Caroline, who appealed to you for help in finding her Cathedral classmates, although the names of all the other girls who Meena is trying to locate are names that I recognize. Hopefully, someone will have come forward and got in touch with her by now.

I remember how thrilled I was, when I finally found my former classmates through your kind intervention. And I know you've brought about many more such reunions of Old Girls -- and Old Boys -- from the Cathedral, for which we are most grateful.

Best regards to you and Annikki.

--Doreen


Doreen, we are still far from daffodils - yesterday I witnessed a game of English Rugby played in a metre of snow. It was absolutely superb in this idyllic setting on the sea front.



Watch that rugger ball fly in the air



And see an exhausted touchdown.



More action photos soon of this great sport from our region on my CHAFF and my personal blogs!

No comments: