59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Beautiful pictures

In the past few weeks several of you have sent me many many beautiful photographs on a variety of subjects. Although some are the same from different sources, please continue to do so, as I am able to build a good archive of these pictures.

59er Naubir Mohindar sent me a great collection of many 59ers. That deserves and entry by itself. Moshin Ahmed sent me a grea link to pictures of 80ers, which I will soon upload in the Reunion Section. 54er Sadhana Shah's daughter, Gopa, who lives in South Finland, sent me a beautiful collection of photographs from all over India, which also requires many entries on the blog.

I must thank 63er Mithoo Malani for sending me a "then and now" picture.

63er Nancy, like her beautiful sister, 59er Piloo, certainly learnt how to grow older without losing their charm and beauty. Mithoo has also kept his youth - except, like me, added a bit around the waist and lost a bit at the top. Wish it were the other way around!

Nancy and Mithoo in 1963

63ers Nancy and Mithoo in 1963


And here is a captivating picture of them in 2006 - both looking really great:

63ers Nancy and Mithoo in 2006 - Florida
Nancy and Mithoo in 2006 - Florida


The next picture was sent to me by several Cathedralites amongst them 57er Budni in Pune and 63er Adil. Budni seems to have received it from 54er Gracie in California. I also received a set of 3 absolutely great photographs from 69er Barbara Rossi from Italy. Thank you Barbara.

Cathedral School - 1890
Cathedral School - 1890


The text which accompanied this picture was:

New Cathedral High School in Bombay from the 'Album of architectural and topographical views, mostly in South Asia' taken by an unknown photographer in the 1890s. The New Cathedral High School was built by Khan Bahadur Muncherjee Cowasjee Murzban (1839-1917). Murzban was born in Bombay and trained at the Engineering College in Pune. He oversaw the construction of the General Post Office and the Chief Presidency Magistrate's Court in the city. This view of the school shows a four-storey structure articulated with arcades, balconies and a high pitched roof.


Here is delicious painting of the school.

Cathedral Boys School 1900
Cathedral School - 1900


Here is a picture from 1958.

Cathedral Boys School 1958
Cathedral School - 1958


And finaly, here was the signature picture I used for my Seventh Heaven Website for many many years taken by Annikki, with me posing in front of the school.


Cathedral School and me - 1991


I would love to have one from 2006!!

Anyone who will oblige?

No comments: