59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Monday, March 27, 2006

What a compliment.....



This is another photograph from what I have termed as the Hasnain Chinwala / Chhaya Purwar collection.

It is the plaque of the recipients of the Mcdonald Medal between 1942 (42er T. Harker) and 1960 (59er Trevor Newnes).

When I read the 1949 entry as V. Kapadia, I knew it was wrong. I have the actual Prize Distribution leaflet:



The winner was none other than one of my oldest and most faithful correspondents from New Delhi - 49er Yezad Kapadia, known to me by my Finnish nickname for him: Yesh.

Besides Yesh, 57er Tony Jaitly, (56er - 58er) Earnest Haskell, and 59er Viney Sethi, plus Aditya, the son of the late 56er Tara Malkani, have been in touch with me over the years.

The person who sent me this Prize Distribution leaflet for my archives, several years ago, was 56er Doreen Heimlich (née Feibusch) who lives with her husband, Seth, in South Carolina in the US.

(By the way how many of you sharp-eyed hawks have noted another difference between the Board and the prize distrubtion leaflet?)

Very coincidentally, just today, Annikki and I received a magnificient gift from Doreen, plus these charming beautiful words in the accompanying greeting card:



It is with great humbleness that I say that it is people like 49er Yezad and 56er Doreen, by their contribution and moral support, who have made this Seventh Heaven Blog the best Mumbai Cathedralite Blog.

Let credit go where it is due - our contributors. I am just their mouthpiece.

This was what was said in this email I got today, when I was copied on one by 57er Behram Badhniwalla (Budni) writing to his fellow 57ers:

Dear 57ers,

Ref my telecon today, this is to confirm that Carmie & I, and Fleur will be in Mumbai on Tuesday 4th April 2006. Sunil is not in town so I cannot confirm but he will contact you if he can make it to Mumbai on the 4th.

We have a specific reason to meet in the evening, for dinner at the Bombay Gym., as we must discuss our 2007 Golden Year Celebration.

As the visit is very specific, so please organise with other 57 batch in Mumbai to join us, for dinner & I think it would be best if we had the dinner on a cost sharing basis, to prevent the burden on one individual.

Please confirm the above.

I am also sending the copy of this mail to all of our 57 batch here in India and also overseas so that the Overseas guys should also start co-ordinating amongst themselves and us. Yvonne on her last visit, had quite a few suggestions.

My suggestion to our Overseas classmates, would be to divide the co-ordination region-wise:

America
Canada
UK & Europe
Middle East
Far East & Australia (If any)

I think Jacob Matthan's Blog could be our co-ordinating point as it is the best site!

Hope to see u on the 4th Evening!

Cheers!

Budni

PS: One of the highlights of the 2007 would be to Invite & honour our School Teachers if possible,as it was they,who made us what we are!


This is a long long way from the time I started the Seventh Heaven web site 10 years ago!

I do not know how I can repay any of you for all the wonderful material sent to us, and the goodwill and friendship (and tolerance) shown to both Annikki and me over the years. It has made writing this blog such a heart-warming experience to feel that we are part of a great community, even though we are so far away physically from all of you.

Thank you all dear friends and dearest Doreen, Annikki and I thank you for the beautiful gift.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

Hi your website is cute
Have a look at that cool emo video clip:
http://tinyurl.com/a5sfeo