59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Series continued...

School Gymnasium, photographs from the 59er Hasnain Chinwala / Chhaya Purwar collection

School Gymnasium, photographs from
the 59er Hasnain Chinwala / Chhaya Purwar collection


When Hasnain visited the school the Gymnasium had been comandeered for examinations.

When we were in school we only had the quad for our PT and the shed for boxing, parallel bars, horizontal bar, the vault horse and the Roman rings.

I used to watch with great admiration as Peter Miovic, Viney Sethi and others performed all that great stuff on these equipment. I was not much of a gym man.

But what amazed me, even then, was the ease with which our Chief Gym Master, was able to demonstrate the exercises on the equipment. So it was not a question of just giving instructions.
'
And for that I must Thank God as our Gym Teachers kept their Physical Fitness at their peak and had also learnt all the important life saving exercises.

I was the benefit from their fitness and their practical knowledge as you can read from one of the very first entries on this blog, dating back to May 1996!.

As the second entry of my staff series I include here the picture of our Chief Gym Master, the late Mr. A. J. Morecroft, the man to whom I owe my life.

Mr. A. J. Morecroft - Chief Gym Master
The late Mr. A. J. Morecroft - Chief Gym Master
Photo edited from William Shiri /
59er Hasnain Chinwalla submission


Mr. Morecroft is the person whom I remember the minute I wake up every single day. May his soul rest in peace.

No comments: