59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A 1939er?

49er Yezad Kapadia (with my Finnish nickname for him as YESH) just checked in with data of some seniors with this email:

Note about Yesh:

(Dipl. - engineer Yezad Kapadia: Management in the steel and equipment construction industry in India. Yesh is an engineering graduate in ferrous metallurgy. He was over 28 years with Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, first in Blast Furnaces and later in Management activities. From 1987 to 1995 he was a Managing Director of Lurgi India. In 1995 he created his own company, Y.S. Kapadia Consults (P) Ltd., where he is still active as Managing Director. Yesh supports young university graduates in their study and career planning, and helps in planning business enterprises.)

Hi Jacob,

Just got back from Mumbai and Bengaluru yesterday.

In Mumbai caught up with several alumni.

Pilloo Hakim (née Cooper, Savage 1951) and her husband had invited me to a drink at the CCI. Caught up with her class mate Roshan Dodhy (Palmer) and another alumni (cannot remember his name) who claimed to have belonged to the class of 1939!!

The next day I was at my brother Sohrab's (Palmer 1956) where his class mate Ubi Uberoi (Savage) and John Palkhiwalla (Wilson, 1948) were also there.

Whilst in Bengaluru spent over two hours with my class mate Naval Patel (Wilson).

Trust all is well at you end.

Yesh


I found it fascinating that there is someone out there who will celebrate his 70th reunion in 2009. Maybe the 59ers may like to invite him to theirs!

Thanks Yesh for this clip.

[Pune, Mumbai, Chenai, Thiruvananthapuram, .... Has the name of Bangalore been officially changed to Bengaluru? And what about Mysore, New Delhi and Delhi (Old)? Have these been renamed? Just so I can update my CV! :-) )]

49er Naval and 56er Ubi are regular contributors to this blog. They have provided us with much insight about various aspects of life in school, just as Yesh has.

Naval's great service of sending me news items, especially about cricket, of which I am starved in this near Arctic, has warmed my heart considerably.

But I remain intrigued by this 39er - would love to have his name. I do wish someone like Ubi would carry out an interview of him for us. He could reveal many aspects we know nothing about about our school, just as 45er Desmond did.

No comments: