59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

56er Doreen's crow

56er Doreen Heimlich (née Feibusch) sent me this email and picture.

Hi Jacob:

It's been quite a while since I last e-mailed you, although I religiously keep up with your Blogs.

I too, felt your absence when there was no update from March 3rd for about 3 weeks, but since I myself haven't exactly been diligent about writing, I didn't think I should fault you for keeping us in suspense for a couple of weeks.

Thought you'd enjoy this photo I took when some of us '56ers took a tour of what, in our time, was the Boys' School.



I only took the picture, because one of the Old Boys in the group said,

"Look at that crow on the classroom door! Some things never change. Do take a picture."

So I took a picture, and here's the result.

I don't remember who made that request, but if you put this photo on your blog, there should be some Old Boys who'll remember, and get a chuckle out of it.

Spring has arrived, all the trees and bushes are in full bloom, and the pollen is all over the place, causing much grief to allergy sufferers. At least, today, we're finally getting some rain, which should help in washing away all that yellow powder from our cars, and furniture on the terrace.

Glad to hear that you, Annikki and your Mother-in-law are keeping well. The latter seems to have enjoyed her birthday, judging from the photos you posted.

Best regards,

--Doreen


No need to apologise, Doreen. It is an outstanding picture and goes into my "greats".

Wonder whether it is the same critter who used to caw when I was in school. Certainly looks the same.

However, quite impressed with the new Class signs.

Anyone remember how our classes were marked during our times? Or were they ever marked then? Seem to remember a small oval white plaque just above the door on the frame held on with rusty nails!

No comments: