59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Two things on my mind

Over the last few months I have received several emails that Annikki and I should reserve time for various people during our visit to India in November 2009.



As you all know, that will be when the 59ers will hold the Mother of all Reunions, planned and executed by a Mumbai Core Committee headed by Piloo Tata (née Dastur) and Retired Captain Vijay Shivdasani.

I had proposed to prepare a multi-media presentation of the entire photo collection in my possession. I had wriiten to Principal Meera Isaacs about it several months ago. I then learnt that some others were planning a similar presentation.

Not having heard from Ms. Isaacs, I have put my plans on hold as I am not one to go into competition with anyone else.

If someone out there in Mumbai could do me a favour to see what the others planning, I can make a considered decision as I have much work to do to make something unique and do not want any conflict.

The second issue on my mind is more important.

Over the years I have, using the power of this Blog, assisted various Year Groups from the school to organise their 50th year and sometimes other reunions. This has resulted in many close friendshis having developed with people, some of whom I have not seen for over 50 years and some never.

There is a clamour that Annikki and I should make time for so many who are now my dear friends, and they are from 45ers down to present day Catheralites.

Of course, Annikki and I will be taking part in our 59ers Reunion and also in the Founders Day Celebrations. However, it appears that will not enough time to meet with all those who have asked us to meet face to face with them.

Annikki and I could organise a separate reunion with all of you whom I have had the pleasure of dealing with and corresponding with over the last 12 years. Maybe Rajiv Bhatia, President of the Cat Alumni, could help me organise an Open House where we can meet with all of you in a fun-filled day?

Not having been to India for the last 8 years (and Mumbai for over 9 years), I am clueless of conditions that may exist in our lovely alma mater city. I would appreciate advice on how to organise something somewhere for about 300 to 500 people which would give us both a chance to spend time with each and everyone of you.

Let me know on the possible suitable locations, costs per head, etc. as I would like to roll it into not only our 59er Reunion Plans but to widen the scope to follow the theme suggested by 59er Armeane Choksi, "Be Inclusive, Not Exclusive".

I am not one who executes something without a proper budget or plan. So all the advice you give me will be sifted. Then maybe I can organise a local Committee exclusively for this event.

I look forward to your suggestions and volunteers to help me make this THE Event of November 2009, a very special event of the "Seventh Heaven Blog".

Looking forward to hearing from as many of you on this subject.

No comments: