59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Plea to all 64ers

Deepak Deshpande is a super active Cathedralite in Delhi who has received high praise from many older Cathedralites in the capital city for his organising abilities. This 64er is now on the roll to organise his Class Reunion.


Picture from the Delhi Chapter Reunion in 2007:
54er Ravi Jaitly, 64er Deepak Deshpande & 49er Raj Bhandari


In that context I received this email from him:

Date: 17 Mar 2008 14:42
Subject CLASS OF 1964

Hi All,

When we met in Mumbai at Wellingdon Club on the 05th March, we tried to put together the names of all (as many as we remembered) our old classmates and some of our teachers, with whom some of us had been in touch. This list is attached herewith, with a lot of empty spaces !!!!

Would very much appreciate if each of you could please come back to me with whatever info you may have available, so we could get down to building up our data base.

For instance some of you may have some details of Hemant Sathe in Pune or Paul Kurien in Bangalore or of Sorab Pochkanawala in Toronto, etc etc.

Please do put in some effort !

Everyone thought it would be a very good idea to organise a 'CLASS OF 1964 GET TOGETHER' some time later this year- in October, November or December ! Let's start working towards this objective.

I have also copied this email to Jacob Matthan in Norway - seeking his help in trying to locate some of our old classmates. Jacob, would be grateful for any help you may be ableto offer us !!!

In our list, I have also included Mr Richard Smith (with his coordinates in the UK), who taught us English & French. I have included Mr Karkaria & Mr Jagdish Pande - hoping that some of you would know their coords. What about any other teachers ?

Here's hoping to hear from all of you.

Cheers !

Deepak


I am sorry to inform you of the tragic circumstances of the demise of our Maths teacher, Mr. Karkaria, which was recorded here on the Blog pages last year.

Physics teacher, Mr William Shri, past 80, is still very active playing the clarinet in Toronto and is a regular reader of this Blog. He is in touch with Physics teachers Mr. Patel and Mr. Rao. Chemistry teacher, Mr. O. A. Gregory, also in Canada is a bit computer shy, but does get the messages. Mr Pande has returned to Bombay from his stay in California. I am also in touch with Chris Hammill, also in Canada, but I do not know whether he was still around in 1964.

And how many of your group was taught by the wonderful 54er Gracie Hayeem, of the outstanding Hayeem family. She is full of life in California! I know that even 69ers remember her as their Kindergarten teacher!

I did not see the names of any girls on the list! Do not forget 64er Brinda Chinappa (now a leading architect in Mumbai under her married name - Somaya). I am sure Brinda is in touch with many 64ers.

So anyone in touch with 64ers should ask them to contact me so that I can put them in touch wuth their great organiser - Deepak.

I wish the 64ers great success with their reunion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hiya ~~
Great reading about you all !!
I am 63er -- Aby Benjamin .
Perhaps some of you may remember me,I used to love sports , represented the school in football,hockey, athletics and boxing - was in Wilson house.
I left India to live in Sydney Australia , and now live in Israel.
Take care all of you- and keep up the great work
Aby