59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Cathedralites in Atlanta?


Dear Jacob,

Sorry that I've been a very poor correspondent lately. My conscience has been telling me that it was time I dropped you a line again, if only to let you know that I appreciate your not dropping me from your list of correspondents worldwide, in spite of my lapse in e-mailing. (Jacob: How could I ever drop such a loving and caring Cathedralite from my list!!)

I've been enjoying your blogs all along, including the one just posted, containing the page from the prize giving list of 1950 that I'd sent you. Glad that you've been able to make use of it. (Jacob: Thanks to such wonderful people, besides 56er Doreen, as Staff Willie, 49er Naval, 49er Yezad, 54er Sadhana, 54er Suhas, 54er Gracie, 57er Abe, 57er Aubrey, 59er Hasnain, 59er Percy, 67er Shobha, 69er Barbara, 69er Prakash, and many many more, I have great archives and material for another 100 issues of this blog!!)

There's really no news I can give from here. I feel so out-of-the-loop living in South Carolina, with no Cathedralites anywhere around. (Jacob: I think this is not correct. I do believe you have a very famous Cathedralite there who is in the music world and CEO of a famous organisation. I will try to track down this information as it is stashed somewhere on my computer.)

There must surely be some of them living in Atlanta, which is about a two-hour car ride from Clemson. My son lives in Atlanta now, though we just had him here for two weeks trying to get him back in shape from a back injury. (He's been suffering from a bad back, but it didn't help when someone chatting on a mobile phone ploughed into the rear of his sports car when he was near the Atlanta airport for a business flight to Montreal. He still managed to catch his early 'plane, but the severe pain set in two days later, and got progressively worse. He's much better now. We took him back to Atlanta on Saturday, and on Sunday he was on a flight to Orlando for a major conference for 3 days.) (Jacob: This is a very serious offence in Finland, the home of Nokia and mobile phones - but there are still some inconsiderate fools who do this. I see this daily on the streets of Oulu. I slow down and give them a wide berth. If one is behind me I let him pass. I equate this as a crime as bad as driving under the influence of alcohol. People should lose their driving licences if they are caught dong this.)

Although it is officially spring time now, I haven't made any holiday plans for this year, and am beginning to feel that I should spring into action. Am still keeping my sights on the '56er reunion in Mumbai next year. (Jacob: The 56er is being handled by Harminder Uberoi - so please let me have details as many 56ers are awaiting some information about it.)

We're having beautiful spring weather here at the moment. It was like this on Sunday, when I put away most of my winter clothing and brought out the summer stuff, only to have a very cold Monday. (Jacob: I get rid of my long johns when the temperature comes up above -10 C. I drop my sweater when it rises above -5 C. And I get out my sandals as soon as we reach zero - warmth all relative, as on this blog!!)

Wishing you, Anniki and your family a Happy Easter.

Again, thank you for so diligently keeping in touch. (Jacob: My pleasure.)

Regards,

--Doreen

No comments: