59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Recognise this 60er?


I am not using italics as someone had difficulty reading it. Here is a quiz?

Hi Jacob,

I was really amazed with the contacts you have established with so many Cathedralites who have left and settled down all over the world. It was last year I had come across the "Catalumni" website that took me back to the good ole school days.

Although your name did ring a bell, I couldn't picture you. (Jacob: Not recognising a 6 foot dead Chicken. WoW!!! ) After all, it was almost 45 years since I had left school and reading one of your articles in which you had mentioned names such as Zayani, Mr. Thompson and "Seventh Heaven" immediately brought back vivid memories.

I was more of a sportsman than a studious person. Representing the School in practically all the outdoors games from 1956 thru 1960 had been my main forte. Anyway, I want you to add my name in your list as this would enable me to find some old friends I never got to meet after leaving School in 1960 for Pakistan. Now I'm working in Saudi Arabia as a project administrator of one of America's renowned construction companies. Haven't thought about retiring as yet! (Jacob: Hope you send me some of your photographs in the various sporting groups..

I had visited the School in April last year and tried to obtain any kind of record which could prove my identity which I required for a property case pending in the Bombay High Court but was unsuccessful. The Admission Books were dated back to 1953 - the year I had enrolled. Unfortunately the book which was to have contained my name was not found. The only register that was available contained the admissions starting from July 1953 onwards! I had enrolled prior to July 1953.

Lets hope that someone out there reading your blog might recognize my name and get in touch with me.

My school name was SHEIKH ZAHUR and now have reverted to my original name which is Mehfooz Ahmed.

Stay in touch and thanks,

Sheikh Zahur
Barham - 1960

No comments: