59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Monday, May 15, 2006

Untimely passing of 67er

Shobha Jhunjhunwala just informed of the sad news of the passing away of a 67er.

Dear Girls & Boys,

This is just to inform you about the sad & untimely demise of one our classmates - CYRUS GHASVALA. He is listed in our directory. Although he did not come for the reunion as he was travelling, he had the directory collected & spoke to me thereafter.

I just spoke to Jehan Chichgar & he told me that he used to stand first in class always.

Called himself 'Top Ghasvala'. Wilson House and was just 54 years old.

He had a heart attack and was admitted, just yesterday, to the Parsi General.

Jehan went to see him and was there when he died.

The funeral was today and the few people in town still, in summer went to bid him farewell.

Very very sad indeed

Shobha


From my expereince of several of my dear friends and family, heart attacks between the ages of 40 and 50 were usually fatal. In recent years the upper bar has been raised to 55.

I hope Shobha will convey the heartfelt condoloences on behalf of Cathedralites around the world to his family. We feel deeply for any of our small group who pass on as in some way, because of the intimate nature of our life in Cathedral, they are connected to friends and friend's friends.

May his soul rest in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was Mr Ghasvala the one who was Company Secretary at TCE Consulting Parel. If yes than I had met him during the Interview. So sad to learn about this. He was through and through a gentleman.I did get the job but could not negotiate my salary. Had been thinking of visiting him whenever I visit Mumbai. So sad