59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Newsy Notes: Season's Greetings and Email Validation

Sunday, December 3, 2006

(Click images to see enlarged version.)


Dear Cathedralite,

Season's Greetings to each and every one of you from Annikki and myself from the land of Santa Claus.


The greetings come to you from Santa Claus himself!




This year, the Seventh Heaven blog has been extremely active, thanks to some wonderful photograph input from 59er Hasnain Chinwala, like the one above.


From the 1958 hockey team photo.
56ers Ubi, Jimmy Tata, Staff Member Mr. Pande and 59er myself (on the floor).


The blog was also very active due to the intensive campaign by 56ers Ubi and Meena to get a good turnout for their 56er Reunion. That was a blast.

The 57ers led by Behram Badhniwala and Fleur Madnani (née Ezekiel), both located in Pune, have been working hard to get their base active for their 50th reunion.

The Class of 58 has been remarkably quiet. To tell you the truth, I have very few 58ers in my email list. I do remember many of the names from the Class of 58, eg., Jaffar Hussain, Peter Philip, Rosario, Gupta, etc., and I do have a list of some sorts. If any of you can fill me in on the whereabouts of any of the 58ers, I would be greatly obliged.

The Mumbai 59ers, my usual crowd, have also been very quiet this year. I do hope Vijay Shivdasani, the spark of life of our group in Mumbai, is actively planning the best ever get-together for our 50th year Reunion in 2009.

There may be some clash, as the School is planning a great do for the 150th Founders Day Celebration in 2010.


Mrs. Meera Isaacs, Principal, receives Best Teacher Award
from the President of India APJ Abdul Kalam
.

Mayhe the 59er Reunion Organising Committee should work with Principal Meera Isaacs to kick off the 150th year celerations with OUR Reunion and end it on November 14th 2010!

It may also be prudent to work with the 49ers who will be planning their 60th Year reunion in 2009. Yezad Kapadia and Naval Patel are two active 49ers. I am sure that they would love to join up with us 59ers.

The email version of this blog entry is going out to over 3000 Cathedralites in all corners of the globe. If, by chance, you get more than one copy, please let me know which is your preferred email address. I will know from the bounces how many of you have not taken the time to let me know that you have moved. Usually it is about 25% of my email addresses, but I certainly hope it is is less.

From the Return Receipt I will also know those who do not want to read these once a year newsletters to wish you the very best for the new year. I will take these people off my list. So no need to let me know separately to take you off the list.

In the email, next to your first name, which I am using to address you directly, you will find a number indicating which year you left school - eg. Yezad 49er, Sadhana 54er or Jacob 59er. If the number is incorrect, I hope you will spare a few moments to email me and tell me exactly which year you completed school. If you stayed onto do HSc, please give both years. If you were Staff or became Staff after studying in school, please also let me know.

This information will help many of the Organisers who are planning their class reunions. I will not have to wade through 3000 email addresses to prepare the lists for them.

The 49er, 54er, 56er, 57er, 59er, 63er, 67er, 69er, and 80er lists are fairly comprehensive, but I may have made mistakes in classification, so do help me out.

Another thing you could do is to let me know which House you belonged to, whether you were School Captain, School Vice Captain, House Captain, House Vice Captain, Captain of any particular team, Prefect, or any other data you think shows out your standing in the school. This may appear that I am focusing on leadership and sports, but that is not the idea. If you shone in the School Final exams, that also would be of great interest to me.

If you did not get the email, it will be obvious that you are not on my circulation list. If you want to be on it to receive my very occasional postings, please email me giving me as many details about yourself that you would like to share with others.

Our apologies to those who did not receive our 2006 Cake Calendar as there were about 100 or so lost in transit, some to Canada, but most of them sent to Central Europe.(It appears the Chinese Stamps on the cover were too tempting!)



Annikki and I, pictured above, wish you a very prosperous 2007.

Jacob Matthan
email: Jacob Matthan

No comments: