59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Monday, December 11, 2006

Reactions flow in

After I posted the web pages of the reunion of 56ers, along with a 2 hour slide show, I have had many tens of interesting and highly positive comments flow in. Doreeen, after travelling halfway around the world after the event, emailed me even before she had got over her jetlag!


56er Chitra Ashokkumar (née Bhogilal), daughter,
Nandita, and grandaughter, Anjali (8).
Photo by 56er Doreen Heimlich (née Feibusch).


From the collection of lovely photographs she sent me I chose this one of three generations of a 56er - Chitra, her daughter and her granddaughter - as that is the true spirit of Cathedralites - family values which bind us together as human beings.

One 56er emailed me that he had been sceptical about attending the reunion as what would a group of kids who knew each other 50 years ago have in common today?

The answer he got was more than just positive.

It is indeed most interesting that everyone who attended enjoyed themselves enormously. Every email I have received from those who were present said that the reunion was outstanding. Meena and Ubi outdid themselves in perfection. The hosts spared no effort and money to make sure that each event was top class. And the dramatic entrance of Muku at the opening event showed the character behind us Cathedralites.

I spent a few minutes, actually an hour watching the video of the 54er reunion, which Sadhana Madhusadan (née Shah) and Suhas Phadke had kindly sent me. (I did get a mention in that too!) It had been an outstanding reunion. As things stood it was the best that had ever been held.

Now, 57ers Budni and Fleur are racking their brains as to how they can make their better (not necessarily bigger).

Photographs and comments from around the world are still pouring in. Pictures from other year groups are also pouring in. My email is alive and buzzing.

But the real value of the web posting was that several who had not been able to attend, as well as several staff members, who remembered all these guys when they were kids, enjoyed this presentation.

I just had an email from Priya Malik, daughter of my classmate 59er Head Girl Harmohina Malik (née Uberoi) who is organising the 25th year reunion of her class. It will take place on 16th December 2006 (5 days hence) - and I wish it all success.

Of course, several ideas to make the 57er Reunion next year interesting come to mind - such as getting 57er Johnnny Jameson of Warwickshire and England to lead out a team of Old Boys to play against the School IX!

I am, however, not letting on the secret plans of the 59ers. We were, are and will always be the BEST! :-)

No comments: