59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Monday, September 03, 2007

Any other beauty title holders from School?

I had a message from 57er Fleur (née Ezekiel) Mandnani who  corrected me on some issues.

This was the very sweet email from Fleur.

Dear Jacob,

Thanks so much for your msg & so glad to know that you are back after your well deserved holiday.

I read thru your blog & was saddened to hear that anyone can accuse such good folks as Annikki & you of religious fundamentalism, of all things!  They are just an unhappy lot & obviously have nothing better to do!  Idle minds!

Knowing you over the years, I feel that this statement, of whoevers, is as far from the truth as anything could possibly be!  Besides, you have the right to be who you are & really don't need to justify anything to anybody!  Everyone knows you both for the wonderful people you are.

As regards our 57ers list - Yes Saker Mistri is the correct name & the other is also the same person but the second email address is the correct one.

Yvonne (née Isaac) Baker is the correct name & apologise to you as she does not seem to be aware that you are not a 57er, so pl excuse her remarks.

I have never heard of Tanaz Lal in our class of 57, but I could be wrong.  Will have to check with Pramila when we next meet at our Organizing Committee meeting on Saturday, Sept 8 at Pramila's office.  The Committee consists of Pramila, Saker, Arun Mahimtura, Pervez Antia, Sunil Sahni, Homi Commisseriat, Bhupinder Anand, Kashinath Dandekar & self.

After we meet on the 8th & we come to more concrete decisions, I will definitely send you our programme (since a few changes are to be made) once it is finalized so you can put it out on your blogsite.

Incidentally, I am only the cog in the wheel of our Reunion & assisting in any way I can to get our Reunion together.  It is more Pramila's lead that is helping us along - but she is a busy lady - as she has a chemical business to run & so I help out by sending msgs etc.  Saker is the other person who is also very active. And since I connect with you more than any of our other 57er - I was commissioned to send you the msg.

My dear Brother, Noel, & wife Cecilia have been coming to India since like Christmas! So far they have not made it  to India tho' Cecilia is still thinking about it. Noel may not be able to come at all since he has a lot to be done - workwise in the Realty world.  So I am expecting Cecilia but I don't know when - hopefully sometime in Sept or Oct this year.

I do hear from Vijay Shivi once in a while when he drops into Pune as his house is very close to ours in Pune.

Glad to know that your 59ers are planning your 50th in 2009 & God willing we will be able to meet you & Annikki & all the other 59ers sometime during that time.  I remember your last reunion when I met you all on one occasion when I accompanied Noel, as Cecilia did not come to India at that time.

Will check on the 57ers email addresses & let you know in my next, if there are any changes, additions etc.

Take care & love to you both,

Fleur


From Fleur's email it appears that the 57er 50th Year Reunion has an Organising Committee which may be as follows:

PRAMILA SHIVDASANI, Chairperson
SAKER MISTRI , Co-Chairperson
ARUN MAHIMTURA,
PERVEZ BAIDA ANITA,
SUNIL SAHNI
HOMI COMMISSARIAT,
BHUPENDRA SINGH ANAND,
KASHINATH DANDEKAR,
FLEUR (née EZEKIEL) MADNANI


If you want to get in touch with any of them, please email me. I await their Reunion Programme which I will give prominence here on the blog. So stay tuned.

My sincere public apologies to Yvonne (née Isaac) Baker, as I listed her as YVONNE BAKIRFAM, taking the surname from the email ID. Yvonne sent me an email correcting this, and I have apologised to her directly.

She and her husband, Geoffrey Baker, have already booked their tickets to India to attend the reunion.

I was also pleased to hear from 57er Ashok (Tony) Jaitly from Delhi.

On another front, male chauvinists, 56er Ubi and I, have been having an interesting side discussion as to which Class had the best looking girls.

Acknowledging the outstanding beauty of many 57ers, Ubi came to the conclusion that the Class of 56 had undoubtedly the best crop.

I chose to strongly disagree, standing firmly by the Class of 59!

With such outstanding beauties as Piloo, Renuka, Harmoinha, the Singh sisters, and many many more, I do not think any other class could compete. As far as the boys are concerned, with egoist me around, I do not have any option but to say that we had the best looking guy in school, EVER! :-)

The Class of 57, however, has an unfair advantage in this discussion, as our dear Fleur was the first Miss India in 1959 who represented India in the Miss World competition!

I wonder whether any other Cathedralite girl has won this title and/or any other major beauty titles?

No comments: