59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Thank you, Goutam

I had a very nice email from a 57er in the US:

Dear Jacob,

Budni was a key facilitator in connecting me (and others) to Cat 57 after 49 years and it is good to your similar, keen interest with your blogsite.

Good luck in your continuing efforts

Goutam Hattiangadi,
Charleston, WV, USA


I remember Goutam quite vividly, but I had always thought his name was spelt as Gautam!

Thanks for the encouragement, Goutam, as it is simple emails like yours which keeps my spirits up and helps me continue my blogging.

Will some 57ers tell their classmate, Dharini (née Bhogilal) Anand, wife of another 57er Bhupinder Singh Anand, that her email INBOX is FULL and bouncing email.



News for 59ers in and near Mumbai. There is a mini reunion this Sunday 16th September to meet up with 59er Trevor Newnes who is due on a short visit to India. The picture above shows that Tevor was Head Boy in 1961!

Get in touch with 59er Vijay Shivdasani for more details if you want to meet up with Trevor. Expect quite a crowd to turn up as Trevor was extremely popular.

(Mr. Vijay Nayar - Have you taken steps to get your name put on this Board?)

Those watching the stock market would have noted the results of YES Bank, in which 59er Ashok Kapur is the non-executive Chairman. This year the bank has shown a good profit of around Rs. 944 million compared with last year of around Rs. 553 million. The stock price is hovering around Rs. 185 - which appears to be still a great buy.

I went to the Indiatimes website, where I have an email account (hardly ever used till now), and I saw they offer a WALLET365 service which seems quite original for making payments in India from any bank account in India. I have not seen such an equivalent service in Finland where I have been using computer banking from 1987 onwards.

I was also happy to note that the cooperating bank for this services is the YES Bank. Anyone willing to guide me on this and its effectivity!

Maybe for the 59ers 50th Year 2009 Reunion (more about this in a few days - so stay tuned) I could possibly make all my Indian payments through this service.

I am really unhappy with the inefficient service offered by Indian Bank where I have had my account since the last 30 years.

No comments: