59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Gopa is back in Finland


Gopa is not a Cathedralite. But her mother, Sadhana Madhusadan (née Shah) is a 54er.

Her uncle, Inderjeet was part of the 59er group in the years before 1956. He has just sent me this email:

"My dear Jacob,

Looks as if it is an eternity that I am with an ex- Cathedralite. Come to think of it I do remember you as a cherubic guy tall well built but with a slightly thin voice and in Savage house. I do remember the time we went to Vasind with Thomson sir and Morecroft and you were saved. Jacob, memories die hard. I just want to inform you tht all the guys whom I shared the classroom with are still in my memory. In 1962 I was in touch with Vikram Kamdar and Virat Gidwani. More in my next.

Love,

Inder"


Her other late uncle, Randhir Shah, won the Best All Rounder in 56 and stood 1st class 1st in the Cambridge exams.

Her aunt, Prem Wach (née Vora), who lives in Switzerland, and whom I had the pleasure of meeting at Gopa's wedding reception in Finland is a Cathedralite of the 1947 era.

And now Gopa is a sort of adopted daughter of mine and Annikki after she married a Finn, Timo. they have settled in a town just outside Helsinki called Kerava. Gopa and I have a couple of chats every few days.

Gopa's mother-in-law lives not far from where we live in North Finland, so Gopa and Timo are always welcome when they come up north.

Gopa and Timo have just got back from India where they were visiting Sadhana and her husband, Madhu, a mallu like me. I had a chat with her and have welcomed her back to our small community of Indians here in Finland. I am sure she will be active on this blog considering her close association with our school.

No comments: