59er Golden Reunion Directory

59er Golden Reunion Directory
59er Golden Reunion Directory

Monday, March 22, 2004

Prakash - take note Hilary has a point. You are not alone...


"Hello!

How about making it a cause for Mumbai-ites all over the world?

My sister, Jane, and I were born in Mumbai (I was born in 1945 - Jane in 1940). It is really distressing to hear that Mumbai is becoming so smog afflicted. It sounds as bad a London used to be before the Clean Air Acts were passed. If you could identify the appropriate authorities and perhaps put together a letter that people could sign, we could start a campaign along the lines of the ones run by WWF.

I am a seasoned WWF campaigner and Panda Passport holder and would be willing to join a campaign to curb smog pollution in Mumbai (I can't get used to calling it Mumbai - it's still Bombay to me . . . !) I think the letter would need to be written by somebody currently resident in Mumbai as they would have first hand knowledge of conditions.

If you need to get an idea of the sort of campaign run by WWF, visit their web pages.

Internet campaigning is very effective and it would set the authorities back on their heels to have a lot of e-mails arriving from ex-Mumbai-ites all over the world, wouldn't it?

Let me know what you think.

All the best,

Hilary Minor - nee SIMON (Younger daughter of Nasib Haratoon Simon (Sammy Simon) - an old Cathedralite)"

No comments: